The kitchen tap needs fixing, you'd like the hall and stairs decorated, you want a new shower installed and the roof could do with some patching up. The headache is how to avoid the cowboys and find an honest trader to provide a good, reliable service at a fair price.
When friends and family can't recommend anyone, it's hard to know where to look – sticking a pin in the listings in local business directories or on Facebook to find a company can be hard work.
11 Simple things to find out about the company:
1. Are they insured, can they prove it?
2. Do they have a well designed and professional looking website?
3. Do they advertise a landline as well as mobile number? Is it local?
4. Do they drive a sign written van?
5. Do they wear company uniform?
6. Do they offer written quotations if required?
7. Do they issue invoice/receipts on company letter headed paper?
8. Can they provide references?
9. Can they provide photos of previous work?
10. Are they on any sites such as Ratedpeople?
11. Can they provide any third-party reviews?
Check out "Your Local Property Services", a registered business that ticks all the boxes!